Friday, March 9, 2007

Problem in Phase Two

When all issues in phase two were completed. I switched the on button and started to smell and see smoke come from the top of IDroid-01's head. "Shit" a choice word for engineers. I immediately went to the forum board on DeAGOSTINI and saw this was a problem for a lot of people. It turns out that the second circuit board from the first batch was defective. Of course I returned the circuit board and received another one promptly. Which brings me to the post. Japanese have the greatest service I have ever seen. I received a replacement chip got to keep the defective chip(now I have a piece to come up with my own algorithms) I was sent the entire neck gears, motor and housing unit for free. So basically they made sure that both parts worked in coherent with each other. The two sections fit like a glove and Idroid-01 was running smoothly. The time money and effort spent on helping me with my problem, the customer service (DeAGOSTINI had an English translator for me at no extra charge)was one more reason I think Japan gets the highest Kudos for satisfaction on dealing with customers. After this first early experience I am confident that if further problems arise (it is a robot) DeAGOSTINI will be there. They have made a customer for life.

No comments: